Program Title: Erasmus+ Call: 2021
Key action: KA220-HED – Cooperation partnerships in higher education
Project Title: European network in D-flexible teaching (ENID-Teach)
Project Reference: 2021-1-ES01-KA220-HED-000027551
Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia [UNED] (Spain) (Coordinator)
Asociación Savoir*Devenir [S*D] (France)
Burgas Free University [BFU] (Bulgaria)
Universidade Aberta de Portugal [UAb] (Portugal)
Università degli Studi di Catania [UNICT] (Italy)
ECO Digital Learning, S.L. [ECO] (Spain)
MAG-Uninettuno s.r.l. [MAG] (Italy)
One of the mistakes committed during the pandemic because of the urgency of the situation was to make decisions without a clear idea about what type of distance or blended learning model to implement. This led to the launch of stopgap measures and adjustments. In many cases, attempts were made to replicate the in-person model, onboarding digital environments but without any stable or consistent pedagogical design. It is unsurprising that, given the situation, institutions were caught short in providing a coherent and stable response. One of the reasons for this difficulty has been the lack of teachers digital training in flexible digital methodologies and pedagogies that might respond to these new needs.
The project will provide an answer to a common need detected across all the partner countries, i.e., the introduction of a learning programme specializing in online teaching methods that teachers can implement and adapt to their subjects and students. It will introduce innovative resources, tools and methodologies for a quality digital university education.
Why focus on teachers? Because we believe that the relationships established among university teachers act as weak ties (connections between acquaintances) that are the best source for acquiring new information. They are much more effective than if we rely only on strong ties which are formed by closer connections, with a greater degree of overlapping between members and, therefore, less likely to provide different information. Weak ties are fundamental for the growth and existence of groups. They constitute essential links for disseminating information, managing groups and building relationships. The project will provide a database of teachers with common interests (training in digital pedagogies) to the EPALE platform (community of practice and collaborative space), which will be configured as a communication tool and collaborative workspace in the construction of new quality pedagogical practices. This process will be complemented by digital networking and the expansion of the already initiated ReCoIn-TaD network (https://bit.ly/3g5FPiJ).
In short, the training of academics in innovative flexible pedagogies (Connected, Collaborative and Investigation, Active and Flipped) and in the creation of accessible and inclusive contents, through a methodology based on microlearning (microlessons and NOOC, NANO Open, Massive and Online Course) will facilitate the constitution of a network for the transfer and exchange of good practices capable of responding to different scenarios depending on the circumstances that may arise. …. >>>
- Objective 1: Reinforce the design and outreach of flexible teaching practices that harness the resilience of university institutions to different pedagogical scenarios and facilitate educational access to disadvantaged groups.
- Objective 2: Provide online training to lecturers on flexible digital teaching practices (connected, collaborative and research, active and inverted) and the creation of accessible and inclusive content. To do so, we will harness a methodology based on microlearning (microlessons and Nano Open Online Courses) and on a critical, social, and network pedagogical model.
- Objective 3: Cement a model of European inter-university cooperation by creating a cohesive and distributed university network where teachers are posited as intermediary connection nodes (anchors) within and between universities for the exchange of practices in flexible digital teaching methods.
- Objective 4: Generate added value for the Erasmus+ program by offering an online training program in innovative digital methodologies that is multilingual (Spanish, French, English, Italian and Portuguese) and based on microlearning techniques (NOOCs). This will shore up lifelong learning and the recognition of official credits, and facilitate educational access to disadvantaged groups.
- A1.PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNED (Spain): brings the entire packet of activities described above.
- A2. Dissemination and promotion (Spain): creation the dissemination strategy and the dissemination plan (roles, responsibilities, calendar, actions …), as well as specifying dissemination actions (web, newsletters, press, conferences, publications, radio, etc.). The three organization are:
– specific campaigns on social networks (ECO Digital Learning),
– organization and enrichment of the project’s web space (https://recointad.com/) (MAG-UNINETTUNO)
– and EPALE shares (UNED and Savoir*Devenir)
- A3.Exploitation (BFU): a sustainability and exploitation plan is designed which includes a set of actions to ensure maximum contacts and resources at the end of the project.
- A4.Evaluation of the project (UAb): it includes a set of activities that make the evaluation of the project possible, guaranteeing the monitoring of the progress and quality of the project. The quality plan of the Project is also included.
The project will develop six activities:
- Activity 1: Pedagogical design and preparation of the training program: led by Savoir*Devenir (France)
- Activity 2: Content development, digitization, integration, and production of the OERs: led by the MAG-UNINETTUNO (Italy)
- Activity 3: Content development, digitisation and NOOC integration and production: led by UNED (Spain)
- Activity 4: Microlearning Program Implementation: led by UNED (Spain)
- Activity 5: Microlearning programme evaluation: led by UAb (Portugal), which will carry out the design and development of the course validation plan
- Activity 6: Creation of a network of inter-university cooperation to generate flexible and innovative practices, will be carried out. It will be led by UNED (Spain)
- R1. Training Programme on digital skills in Flexible and Innovative Methodologies: A microlearning programme in digital training in flexible and innovative pedagogies, which will consist of five multilingual NOOC (NANO Open, Massive and Online Course) (English, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish).
- R2. NOOCs (NANO Open, Massive and Online Courses) in flexible methodologies: 1. Connected and critical; 2. Collaborative and research; 3. Active and gamified; 4. Inverted or Flipped; 5. Design of flexible learning digital programs.
- R3. Guide to good practices in flexible digital pedagogies. Based on the objective results, a guide to good practices in flexible digital pedagogics will be developed.
- R4. European network in D-flexible teaching: The main project goal is to develop an international distributed network of cooperation where teachers are configured as nodes that make inter- and intra-university connections possible and the dissemination of good, digital and innovative teaching practices.
- R5. Effectiveness research of microlearning based on NOOC which allows to advance a new way of learning through microlessons and in open environments. It will make it possible to reinforce new teaching methods on the basis of reliable scientific results.